“The uniqueness of the houses on campus is amazing. They feel much cozier and homier than a dorm room, and I can gladly call it a home.”Kayla Dill ’17
The North Shore serves as home to America’s oldest working artist colony, ensuring that Montserrat’s housing is nestled in a community rich with history and artistic inspiration. Campus Residences have two or more bedrooms and offer the independence of apartment-style living, with most accommodating a minimum of four students. Each house has at least one bath, as well as a kitchen and common room. Trained residential staff are on hand to assist students with any problems, and all college housing is conveniently located within walking distance of Montserrat’s academic and studio facilities.
Campus Life professional staff live on campus and supervise the Resident Assistants (R.A.) who live in the residence halls. Our staff continually works to maintain a safe and harmonious community.
In the residences, each member of the community is entitled to:
- Read and study without interference, unreasonable noise or other distractions.
- Sleep without undue disturbances. Quiet hours begin at 10 p.m. every night.
- Have personal privacy in their own room.
- Live in a clean environment.
- Host guests with the approval of all other housemates living in the residence, including the R.A., for limited periods with the understanding that the guests will honor the other residents’ rights.
- Have free access to one’s room.
- Be free from intimidation, physical and emotional harm and verbal and sexual harassment.
- Expect respect for one’s belongings and personal property.
All apartments are furnished with beds, kitchen tables, chairs, dressers, and either closets or armoires.