Summer 2021 Opportunities
Days needed: Monday – Friday, 9:30am-4pm
Various evenings and weekends for special events.
Candidate does not need to be available for all of those times, just some.
Total estimated hours per week: 6-10
Expected duration of job: Summer Semester. Required to reapply for Fall Semester.
Summary of Job:
Montserrat Galleries are seeking several reliable and enthusiastic students to assist with all aspects of managing four art galleries on campus. Working directly with professional gallery staff, Gallery Assistants will learn marketable skills and will gain valuable insight into the research, curation, and installation of a wide range of art exhibitions. Student positions will be assigned according to each individual’s skills and interests. We are especially interested in students with talent or interest in the following areas:
- Installation (repair and paint galleries, install artwork, wrap artwork for shipping, )
- Photography and Video (document exhibitions, shoot event footage, photograph artwork, )
- Graphic Design (design PR materials: brochures, email blasts, posters, )
- Social Media Communications (promote exhibitions and programming on social media)
- Gallery Monitors (staff reception desk during gallery hours, greet visitors and answer questions, staff gallery receptions)
- Gallery Education (plan and execute programs in the galleries, moderate discussions, lead tours, )
- Administrative/Writing (assist with ofﬁce administration: scheduling, updating spreadsheets, writing press releases, creating exhibitions materials, )
Students must be highly reliable and responsible, have good communication skills, and have a strong interest in contemporary art exhibitions and the workings of a college art gallery.
Number of positions: 2
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Nguyen, Gallery Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your email, please indicate why you are interested in working for the galleries and highlight any special skills you may have that may be relevant to the position.