Spring 2021 Opportunities
Shifts available: M/W 4-6:30, Thursday 11:10 – 12pm, Sunday 12-4pm
Expected Duration of Job: Begin start of semester, with possibility of renewal for the Fall ‘21 semester.
The CTS Student Technician will have the opportunity to learn and develop their technical skills while obtaining their degree at Montserrat. On the job training will be provided, but we ask that only those that enjoy using technology apply. If you aren’t confident in your technical skills, but you think you might enjoy learning more about technology, then we’d encourage you to apply. In this position, you will gain highly desirable technical experience that will be beneficial to your professional career.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving or assigning support ticket requests received via walk in, phone, or e-mail.
- Checking and responding to voicemail. Transferring calls as needed.
- Moving requests toward resolution by completing them or encouraging others to complete them.
- Installing or updating software on user’s computers.
- Checking out equipment and notifying users that equipment is ready to be picked up.
- Visiting college employees for problem solving, training, or equipment delivery or pickup.
- Cleaning lab and smart classroom spaces.
- Testing and troubleshooting smart classrooms (Audio/Video).
- Monitoring and refilling toner, ink, and paper around campus.
- Other tasks that will be assigned as needed.
- Good customer service skills; verbal and written.
- Good technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills – or the strong desire to learn and develop these skills.
- Ability to proactively identify tasks that need to be done.
- OS X 15.x experience preferred.
- Windows 10 experience a plus.
- Adobe CC experience a plus.
- Ability to work as a team.
Contact for consideration: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “CTS Job Application” as the subject. Please include your class schedule.
Department: Career Services
Days needed each week: Flexible,
requires some overlap with our current Career Services Assistant.
Total estimated hours per week: 8 hours/week
Expected Duration of Job: Spring semester, with possibility of continuing through the next
Summary of Job: The Career Services Assistant supports the Schmid Career Resource Center
and the Internship Program with all programming initiatives. This position regularly researches
and posts jobs and internships on MontserratWorks, writes and designs our weekly Career
E-News emails, designs and prints posters and fliers for programming, and provides general
administrative support to the department as needed.
This job post is for a trainee who can learn from our current Career Services Assistant, with an
eye toward taking the lead role during the next academic year.
Necessary Skills: Photoshop and Illustrator skills, Graphic Design Skills a MUST! Generally
organized, detail-oriented, and strong communication skills.
COVID-19 Protocols: Student may work remotely, as long as it is not during their
scheduled class time. Weekly check-ins required, either in person or via Google Meet. Any
on campus work or meetings will be conducted with masks and social distancing.
Number of Positions: 1
Contact Person Name: Beth Price Morgan, Internship Advisor
email@example.com. Please submit a class schedule, resume and
letter of interest.
Days needed each week: 2- per week, Monday – Thursday 12-3pm
Total estimated hours per week: 6
Expected Duration of Job: Spring 2021 semester; possibly Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
Summary of Job:
- Responsible for circulation desk operations: checks-in and out books and journals, requests books via NOBLE for patrons, checks-in deliveries of interlibrary loan materials, and maintains order in the stacks and reserves.
- Assists library users in using the online catalog and databases to find books and articles.
- Provides basic reference service to library users or refers them to the Librarian.
- Assists library users with computers, copiers and other library equipment.
- Collects payment for, and adds print credits to student accounts.
- Answers phone calls and provides callers with assistance.
- May be responsible for opening or closing the library, or overseeing the library in the absence of the Librarian.
- Assists with library programs and displays.
- Maintains a clean environment.
Necessary Skills: Must have a courteous manner and be able to listen and communicate effectively and professionally with the public and peers. Highly dependable, and detailed oriented. Capable of learning the integrated library system, print credits program, computers and copier. Good search skills. Basic math required for cash transactions. Knowledge of art history desirable.
Contact Person Name: Cheri Coe, College Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org Please submit a resume and letter of interest.
Days needed each week: Schedule is dependent on student workers availability (Usually Monday-Thursday 6:30-9:30 pm, Sunday 1:00-5:00 pm)
Total estimated hours per week: Usually between 3-6 hours a week, depending on student’s availability
Expected Duration of Job: Spring 2021, with the possibility of extension through the following semesters.
Summary of Job: Monitoring fellow students working in wood, metal, and sculpture spaces. The monitor would open and close the shop, enforce a safe work environment, maintain work areas, and work on small tasks assigned by the technician. Monitors will work in pairs. Monitors may also be requested to assist during 3D classes.
Necessary Skills: Candidate must have completed Wood Fabrication and Metal Fabrication courses. (Or have proven skills to the technician) Candidate should be able to work in loud environments and communicate effectively with other students, faculty, and staff. Candidates should have the ability to multitask, lift various objects, be organized, and dependable.
Number of Positions: Min 6 – Max 10
Contact Person Name: Holly Kelly, Studio Technician – Sculpture
Holly.Kelly@montserrat.edu, please submit a resume, class schedule, and letter of interest.
Days Needed: Monday through Saturday, approx. one Saturday event per month
Total Estimated Hours per week: 2-4 on average
Expected Duration: September to May
This position is responsible for conducting campus tours during weekday appointments as well as at weekend open house events. The tour involves being extremely knowledgeable of the academics, student life, history and layout of the campus. In addition to conducting campus tours, the tour guide is required to be available 15 minutes before each scheduled tour, will meet and greet prospective students and families and will stay after the tour to write follow-up cards to the students on each tour group.
While the college will be welcoming visitors for admission tours in the near future, the office of admissions is currently seeking students who are able to conduct or be present for virtual tours
This position is open for reliable and responsible Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors at Montserrat College of Art. Required skills include: excellent presentation skills, high level of comfort with public speaking, good sense of humor, positive attitude, thorough knowledge of the curriculum and outstanding oral and verbal communication skills.
The tour guide must have a positive reputation with faculty, staff and peers, remain academically strong and have an overall positive experience at the college.
Number of Positions: 4
Contact Person: Jeffrey Newell, Director of Admissions