Summer 2021 Opportunities
Position Title: Summer Crew
Duration: May- August
Rate: $13.50 hour
Day CREW: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm (1/2 hour break).
Description: Perform various maintenance tasks, working outdoors, painting, landscaping, moving, cleaning and trash removal.
- Must be available for the entire summer, mid- May to the end of August
- Ability to lift 40lbs or more
- Must be able to work outdoors
- Ability to work in warm weather conditions
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices
- Additional experience in facilities is preferred.
- On campus housing is available. Please inquire about housing fees.
- Priority will be given to students continuing at Montserrat for the 2021-2022 academic year.
To Apply: Please email Jim McCarthy, Facilities Director; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief explanation of past work experience or skill set. Jim will be contacting applicants if he is interested in speaking with you further about the position.
Reports To: TBD
Duration: Summer, 2021 (July 11- July 31)
Pre-College Program Description: The three-week summer residential Pre-College Program is designed for high school students, 16 years and older, and provides an intensive introduction to the life and expectations at an Art College. Students receive rigorous visual art instruction and time to cultivate their foundation drawing skills, as well as discover new subjects and mediums through elective offerings. The Pre-College Program mirrors the personalized scale of the College’s BFA program, affording students small class sizes and individual attention.
Summary Statement: The Pre-College Resident Assistant (RA) facilitates the social, academic, and personal adjustment of students to the residences and Pre-College summer programming. The RA’s role is to develop a strong sense of community among residents and serve as an upbeat and positive role model to residents and peer staff members. The RA enforces rules and policies of Residence Life and the College.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Create and maintain a safe, inclusive and comfortable living environment and community for Pre-College students through the following means:
- Assist and guide students with transitional issues including homesickness, cooking, cleaning, laundry,
- Serve on call through the duration of the program and maintain in-house hours as
- Enforce Residence Life and the College rules and
- Address and document inappropriate behavior and policy
- Plan, execute and attend Pre-College activities and programming, including those that fall on
- Complete regular health and safety
- Report and follow up on maintenance/ facilities
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to students, faculty, and staff in the Pre-College
- Assist with residence hall preparation including door tags, signage, completing room condition reports,
- Participate in student move-in and move-out at the conclusion of the
- Complete administrative tasks associated with move in and move
- Maintain a high level of conﬁdentiality as outlined in the Montserrat Conﬁdentiality Agreement.
- Act as a liaison with Pre-College RD, and Program Director regarding unresolved student behavioral and/or academic
- Attend daily meetings as determined by the Pre-College
- Additional tasks as
Qualiﬁcations and Requirements:
- 2-hour training session, TBD (around July 8/9).
- Check-in and check-out dates: Sunday, July 11 and Saturday, July 31
- Attend weekly Pre College Staff
- All evenings during the Pre-College program, July 11th-July 31th.
- Be available and on campus 4:00pm – 10:00am, Mondays – Fridays and all day Saturdays and
- Attend off-campus ﬁeld trips on Saturday, July 17th and Saturday, July 24th.
- Mandatory RA meeting (TBD in May).
- Availability may vary depending on any unforeseen pre college student
- Full-time, matriculating student or May 2021
- Must possess a minimum GPA of 5 and be in good academic, ﬁnancial and conduct standing.
- Remain ﬂexible with own summer housing
- Must have successfully completed one full
- All offers are contingent upon a successful background
- Positive attitude, good energy and enthusiasm, and solid knowledge of Montserrat College of
- Ability to work as part of a
- Strong communication and interpersonal
- Ability to work with a diverse group in a professional
- Flexibility, responsibility and a willingness to assist
- Free summer housing from June 30 – July
- A stipend of $1200.00 (less taxes).
- Great training and leadership skill
Complete the online application form: https://form.jotform.com/90384132708153 by April 15, 2021. The application form consists of personal information and the submission of a resume and personal statement. Your personal statement, should introduce who you are and explain why you would like to be a Pre-college RA. Please highlight skills or experiences you have that would beneﬁt you in this position. If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Vattanasil at email@example.com.