“Learning to analyze work at Montserrat has really changed the way I view the world around me.”KELLY SHULTZ '16
Montserrat College of Art’s Registrar’s Office provides information regarding all aspects of course information, scheduling, registration, records maintenance, transcript requests and other services related to academic progress.
Animation & Interactive Media Core Competencies
Art Education Core Competencies
Book Arts Core Competencies
Graphic Design Core Competencies
Illustration Core Competencies
Interdisciplinary Core Competencies
Painting Core Competencies
Photography Core Competencies
Printmaking Core Competencies
Sculpture Core Competencies
Consistent with Montserrat’s Mission, the following learning outcomes have been established for all Montserrat graduates:
Learning Outcomes/Educational Goals for all Montserrat Graduates
- Breadth of educational experience: Graduates develop proficiency with visual language through experience in a broad range of artistic disciplines and approaches in the foundation and upper level curricula.
- Depth of educational experience: Graduates achieve a high level of proficiency in their chosen concentration, including formal principles, technical proficiency, the use of artists’ materials, technology, craft, and safe studio practices. Graduates also achieve conceptual proficiency, demonstrating a personal aesthetic and/or content in their work.
- Graduates produce a coherent body of work for evaluation that is suitable for exhibition or for professional portfolio. Graduates are able to work independently.
- Graduates are able to analyze works of art and design perceptively and evaluate them critically. They understand the interaction of elements of a work of art, and employ this knowledge in analysis. They demonstrate confidence and experience with the discourse of the visual arts, and are able to synthesize their capabilities in studio, analysis, and history.
- Graduates have the ability to recognize and adapt to professional opportunities and pursue graduate studies or careers in the fields of visual art and design.
- Graduates are able to position themselves in a professional community and in the world. They have an objective view of an artist’s role in society. They are prepared to assume their places as informed, responsible, contributing citizens in society.
- Graduates demonstrate knowledge of key concepts and methodologies relating to the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences. They have a basic familiarity with critical analysis and with logical and quantitative reasoning.
- Graduates can express ideas with clarity and precision in written and oral communication.
- Graduates demonstrate understanding of the ethical and aesthetic dimensions of human experience that are relevant to the role of a contemporary artist or designer in society. They demonstrate knowledge and understanding of important social, cultural, historical and scientific phenomena.
- Graduates can identify major characteristics, practitioners, and movements in contemporary and historical art and design, and have an understanding of relevant cultural contexts in this area. Graduates can identify and define cultural and artistic practices from cultures and traditions different from their own.
- Graduates understand the capabilities of various technologies as they relate to creative work, analysis, and research in art and design. They are familiar with technological opportunities applicable to their areas of specialization. They can access and use relevant technologies and are prepared to learn new technologies related to art and design.
- Graduates develop an active learning attitude. They acquire an ongoing relationship to learning and art-making that is self-sustaining.
In addition to these learning goals, the following characteristics are desirable for Montserrat graduates. These are fostered throughout the four-year program.
- Graduates develop confidence, creativity, curiosity, and the ability to take risks in their work. They develop entrepreneurial skills, leadership qualities and a sense of empowerment.
- Graduates are aware of ethical practices; they are tolerant and open-minded.
FERPA Non-Disclosure Form
FERPA Release Form
FERPA Waiver Form
Official transcripts may be requested online and payment made through the Online Transcript Request Form.
Request Transcripts by Mail
If you are not using the online process, please download the Transcript Request Form (PDF) and mail along with a check or money order (made payable to Montserrat College of Art). You may also bring the form and payment to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
Please include the following in your written letter:
- your full legal name while you attended
- the approximate dates of attendance or graduation
- your current address
- your current phone number
- your signature
The fee is $5.00 per official transcript requested (check or money order if mailing) and it should be payable to Montserrat College of Art. Please include payment with your written letter.
Please address the outside envelope as follows:
Attn: Theresa Skelly, Registrar’s Office – Transcript Request
Montserrat College of Art
23 Essex Street
Beverly, MA 01915
Processing time is generally 5-7 business days after receiving your written request and payment. Transcripts will not be released for students with outstanding financial obligations to the College, or other unresolved issues.
If you wish your transcript(s) to be sent to any school(s) please also include the exact school address including any specific person or department to which it is to be sent.
NECCUM allows all students to use any of the NECCUM members’ college library facilities. In addition, any full-time Montserrat College of Art student who has completed their first semester of study and maintains a minimum GPA of 2.0 may take one or two courses every semester through NECCUM at no additional tuition charge. Students may, however, be subject to the member colleges’ registration fees.
Why would I go to a NECCUM school to take classes?
Having the opportunity to take classes at 9 other colleges means that your course selection is almost unlimited. You might get a chance to take a class that Montserrat might never offer like Intro to Sound Recording Technology, Music and the Humanities, Spanish I, Abnormal Psychology or American Constitutional Law.
NECCUM Member schools within 5 miles of Montserrat College of Art:
Other NECCUM schools:
- Merrimack College
- Middlesex Community College
- Northern Essex Community College
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell
Go to the Registrar’s Office to pick up a registration form or Contact Theresa Skelly at email@example.com to get started.