MONTSERRAT COLLEGE OF ART COLLABORATION WITH NODE CENTER FOR CURATORIAL STUDIES
Montserrat is excited to announce a new collaboration with the Node Center for Curatorial Studies in Berlin to offer Node classes for college credit. The Node Center offers a range of courses focused on the theory and practice of curating, presented by professionals active in the field. The on-line experience provides practical tools and knowledge about curating, as well as opportunities for dialog with international students with diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- are offered on-line, generally via 4 sessions, once per week, over four weeks.
- participate in the on-line courses
- work with Montserrat faculty to complete additional assignments
- earn 1 college credit per course.
- participate in the live course experience (typically 7:00-9:00 pm in Germany, so generally 1:00-3:00 pm EST).
- Students taking the courses for credit will sign up in two places – first with Node for access to the on-line course, and then with Montserrat to take the course for credit.
- Students enrolling in a course for credit pay a fee of 154 EUR to Node and a fee of 150 USD to Montserrat.
Summer and Fall 2019 NODE Courses Offered For Credit (1 Credit Each):
Art Criticism and Writing: an Introduction:
Thursdays, 7-9 pm Berlin / 1-3 pm Boston, Aug 15 – Set 5
Curating on the Web: Exhibiting Internet-based Art:
Mondays, 7-9 pm Berlin / 1-3 pm Boston, Aug 19 – Sept 9
A Practical Guide to Curating:
Thursdays, 3-5 pm Berlin / 9-11 am Boston, Sept 12 – Oct 3
Mondays, 7-9 pm Berlin / 1-3 pm Boston, Sept 16 – Oct 7
Expanding Exhibitions: Innovative Approaches to Curating:
Wednesdays, 7-9 pm Berlin / 1-3 pm Boston, Oct 9 – 30
Creative Forms of Art Criticism and Writing:
Thursdays, 7-9 pm Berlin / 1-3 pm Boston, Oct 10 – 31
You can find more information about Node Center for Curatorial Studies in Berlin at: https://www.nodecenter.net