Position Title– Seasonal Admissions Recruiter
Reports to – Director of Admissions
Status– Full-time, temporary. Exempt
Duration– Aug. 26, 2019 – December 7, 2019
Summary Statement– The Seasonal Admissions Recruiter is responsible for a wide
range of activities related to recruitment and enrollment of new undergraduate and precollege program students. The Admissions Recruiter reports to the Director of
Admissions. The Seasonal Admissions Recruiter serves as a primary contact for
prospective students and their families, providing information and advisement on the
admissions process, portfolio development, financial aid, academic program and
curriculum, student services programs, and the general educational, residential and
extra-curricular environment at the college. The Admissions Recruiter travels for 12
weeks in the Fall from September to mid-December, conducts presentations to art
classes in high schools, and other art related programs. The regional recruiter will also
conduct several predetermined college fairs, national portfolio days, on campus open
houses and other recruitment events during the duration of employment.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Serve as a primary contact for high school art teachers, guidance counselors,
prospective students and their families relative to their interest in the College.
- Represent the College at a variety of on-and off-campus events including college
fairs, portfolio days, school visits and on-campus admission events.
- Present digital presentations on portfolio development, Montserrat’s programs and
other admissions related topics to high school and community college art
departments to introduce the College to prospective students and further strengthen
art educator relationships.
- Required to conduct regional and national travel.
- Maintain communication of travel schedule with admissions office.
- Maintain thorough record keeping and reporting of activities and expenses relating
to the recruitment.
- Counsel prospective students on Montserrat’s admissions requirements, identifying
‘right-fit’ students for the college and encouraging them to meet/participate in
important admission dates/deadlines.
- Participate and assist in admissions on-campus open house programs and events.
- Manage travel arrangements, travel budget and scheduling of travel season.
- Follow up with students through email, phone and hand written communication.
- Enter and update data into the college’s database within 48 hours of collecting
- Assist the Director of Admissions with other projects and tasks as needed.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is preferred, especially
one from a regionally accredited, independent college of art.
- Prior admissions or art instruction experience considered a plus.
- Extensive regional and national travel, air and ground.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential in this highly visible position.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to quality teamwork.
- Self-motivated, works well on both group and individual projects.
- Comfortable traveling alone.
- Good sense of humor.
Office and Administrative Skills
- Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic computer
- Online social networking experience.
- Database management and experience considered a plus.
Complexity and Organization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks, work under
pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in an independent and proactive manner to meet goals and
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Requires some lifting of heavy materials (50lb boxes).
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment
- Must possess a valid drivers license, clean driving record and reliable source of
- Must be able to work additional hours including weekends and evenings.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Human Resources
department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line
“Seasonal Admissions Recruiter”. Internal deadline May 29, 2019.