Position Title- Seasonal Admissions Office Counselor and Transfer Recruiter
Reports to – Director of Admissions
Status- Full-time, exempt, temporary: September, 2019 – December, 2019
Summary Statement- The Seasonal Admissions Office Counselor and Transfer Recruiter is responsible for a wide range of activities related to recruitment and enrollment of new undergraduate students. The Seasonal Admissions Office Counselor and Transfer Recruiter reports to the Director of Admissions. This position serves as a primary contact for prospective students and their families, providing information and advisement on the admissions process, portfolio development, financial aid, academic program and curriculum, student services programs, and the general educational, residential and extra-curricular environment at the college. The Admissions Recruiter travels for intermittently for 12 weeks in the Fall from September to December, conducts presentations to art classes in community colleges, and other art related programs. This position will also conduct several predetermined college fairs, national portfolio days, on campus open houses and other recruitment events during the duration of employment. This position has a specific focus on the Spring enrollment class, transfer students and conducts extensive follow up to prospective students who are interested in applying to the college for future enrollment.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Serve as a primary contact for community college art teachers, prospective students and their families relative to their interest in the College.
- Represent the College at a variety of on-and off-campus events including college fairs, portfolio days, school visits and on-campus admission events.
- Present digital presentations on portfolio development, Montserrat’s programs and other admissions related topics to community college art departments to introduce the College to prospective students and further strengthen art educator relationships.
- Required to conduct regional and some national travel.
- Maintain communication of travel schedule with admissions office.
- Maintain thorough record keeping and reporting of activities and expenses relating to the recruitment.
- Counsel prospective students on Montserrat’s admissions requirements, identifying ‘right-fit’ students for the college and encouraging them to meet/participate in important admission dates/deadlines.
- Participate and assist in admissions on-campus open house programs and events.
- Manage travel arrangements, travel budget and scheduling of travel season.
- Follow up with students through email, phone and hand written communication.
- Enter and update data into the college’s database within 48 hours of collecting student information.
- Assist the Director of Admissions with other projects and tasks as needed.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is preferred, especially one from a regionally accredited, independent college of art.
- Prior admissions or art instruction experience considered a plus.
- Extensive regional and national travel, air and ground.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential in this highly visible position.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to quality teamwork.
- Self-motivated, works well on both group and individual projects.
- Comfortable traveling alone.
- Good sense of humor.
Office and Administrative Skills:
- Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic computer literacy.
- Online social networking experience.
- Database management and experience considered a plus.
Complexity and Organization:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in an independent and proactive manner to meet goals and expectations.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Requires some lifting of heavy materials (50lb boxes).
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
- Must possess a valid drivers license, clean driving record and reliable source of transportation.
- Must be able to work additional hours including weekends and evenings.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Seasonal Admissions Recruiter. Applications must be received by September 4, 2019.