Position Title: Exhibitions and Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Exhibitions and Public Programs
Status: Part-time, non-exempt, 15 hours per week
Summary: The Exhibitions and Program Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support for exhibitions, public programs and gallery events. This role is responsible for installation assistance, gallery maintenance, while serving as a liaison with students, faculty and outside communities. This role also is responsible for promoting the gallery’s programming online, through printed materials and via email.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
• Responsible for the facilitation, coordination, and execution of all aspects related to exhibitions (both on campus and off); approximately 21 exhibitions/year.
• Ensure that exhibitions are properly maintained and housekeeping of galleries and collection area meet professional standards.
• Facilitates faculty-initiated student exhibition spaces.
• Facilitates all student exhibitions, reviewing guidelines, teaching professional art handling/install skills and managing approximately 11-12 annual. Installations.
• Serves as project lead and coordinator for community based exhibitions both on campus and beyond. Examples: Congressional Art Show, Montserrat Art Connection, Rockport Art Association and other projects as assigned.
• Generates and manages all exhibition-related correspondence and contracts including loan agreements, insurance, condition reports and exhibition agreements.
• Responsible for organizing and coordinating all aspects of art shipping, including van rental, staffing, and booking of art handlers and their accommodations as needed.
• Responsible for ordering supplies for, exhibitions, events, the office and various programs.
• Assist the Assistant Director of Exhibitions and Public Programs with all aspects of the public programming: create artist contracts, communicate with artists to arrange for travel, manage artist apartment, manage W-9 submissions and submit budget requests.
• Assist with Gallery receptions and special events including: staffing, purchasing, refreshments and event set up.
• Responsible for creating and posting gallery promotions (both internal and external), including advertising and calendar listings.
• Producing or coordinating flyers, signage, banners, postcards, and email invitations.
• Responsible for maintaining content for the gallery portion of the college website.
• Promote gallery programming activities through marketing initiatives and Constant Contact.
• Manage and grow contact database.
• Effectively represents the Gallery in cross-departmental meetings and externally with art world professionals and artists.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
• BA in Arts Administration, Museum Studies or related fields.
• 1-3 years practical experience installing and handling artwork.
Office and Administrative Skills:
• Must have practical knowledge of Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic computer literacy.
• Preferred knowledge of Adobe Suites.
Complexity and Organization:
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and work under pressure.
• Ability to problem solve and work effectively without direct supervision.
• Ability to work in an independent and proactive manner to meet goals and expectations.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
• Must be able to work additional hours including weekends and evenings.
Please submit a letter of interest and a current resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Exhibitions and Program Coordinator.” Resumes must be received by August 14, 2019.