Position Title- College Relations Assistant
Reports to- Dean of College Relations
Status: Part-time, non- exempt, 21 hours per week.
Summary Statement: The College Relations Assistant oversees the management of the College’s content across social media, website, newsletters and other external facing media. This role is an opportunity to employ the most current social and digital media best practice in service of the College’s educational mission, while deepening and expanding engagement with a range of internal and external audiences. This position will also assist with proof reading, writing and repurposing content.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
Social Media and Digital Communications
- Create and assist with management of social media postings including; Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, and Constant Contact email newsletters.
- Collect content, including photos and video for creation and distribution of e-newsletters to members of the Montserrat community.
- Manage Constant Contact- (email marketing system).
- Provide general day to day administrative support to the Dean of College Relations.
- Write, proof and distribute press releases and various content for College publications and campus events.
- Assist with campus events such as: the Congressional Art Competition and Awards ceremony, Commencement, Annual Auction Artrageous! and additional College events.
- Oversee student employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years professional experience.
- Experience as digital/social media content manager is required.
- Proficiency in web and social media analytics (e.g., GoogleAnalytics, Hootsuite or HubSpot) is strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Office and Administrative Skills:
- Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, iOS systems and basic computer literacy.
- Online social networking experience.
- Database management and experience considered a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift heavy materials (20 lbs).
- Ability to sit or stand for an extended amount of time.
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to work additional hours including weekends, evenings and College events.
Please submit a letter of interest, current resume and three writing samples to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “College Relations Assistant”. Resumes must be received by September 30, 2019.