Position Title – Assistant Director of Admissions
Reports to – Director of Admissions
Status – Full-time, Exempt. 37.5 hours per week
Montserrat College of Art is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions to oversee and support of the College’s enrollment efforts. Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for managing the short and long-term expectations of the Admissions Counselors. This position requires periodic travel throughout the year, presenting Montserrat’s academic programs to prospective students, parents and art educators both locally and nationally. This candidate will gather and utilize data reports in order to make informed decisions to ensure admissions and enrollment efforts are being maximized. In conjunction with the Director of Admissions, this candidate will have a leadership role with the office’s messaging and marketing efforts in both print and digital materials. The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for recruiting and overseeing transfer student populations. This position will also oversee recruitment for the Spring Semester class, recruitment and programing for the College’s Summer Pre-College program as well as assist in the recruitment and implementation of the Summer Art Educator Institute.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
• Recruitment and Traveling
• Represent the quality and scope of the Montserrat experience to high school and community college art classes and guidance/career centers, prospective students, parents and the general public (approx. 20% travel during the fall recruitment season)
• Present Montserrat’s undergraduate programs, admissions requirements, tuition and financial aid information at on- and off-campus events.
• In conjunction with the Director of Admissions, organize and implement the office’s fall recruitment travel season.
• Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students, art educators and parents.
• Maintain relationships with Articulation Agreements partners.
• Actively recruit and respond to the applicants for the Spring Semester class (a January start date).
• Office Management
• Oversee the short and long term work functions and goals of the admissions counselors
• Achieve assigned individual and team enrollment goals; by guiding admissions counseling staff to achieve their assigned enrollment goals maintaining a caseload of undergraduate students for the spring semester cohort
• Manage and develop systems for work functions and goals to be streamlined in an effective and efficient manner
• Track, report and respond to data on undergraduate, transfer and pre-college admissions numbers on weekly and monthly basis
• Conduct undergraduate admissions campus tours as needed
• Conduct portfolio reviews in a constructive and positive manner with the focus on how their work fits in with Montserrat’s curriculum
• Contact or implement plans for proactive follow up with all prospects received from various points of contact in both print and electronic formats
• Work to complete all assigned undergraduate admissions files from applicants in a timely manner and evaluate completed applications to determine if the applicant is admissible for admissions into undergraduate program
• Oversee the tracking of undergraduate applicants from initial contact from point of entry through enrollment
• Send all admission related correspondence to applicants in a timely manner and follow up with applicants to make sure all material has been received and understood
• Work with the Montserrat Financial Aid Office to ensure the completion of prospective students’ financial aid forms and assist with explaining financial aid information
• Give clear details to potential applicants, parents and educators about Montserrat’s admissions procedures and policies regarding first-time freshman, transfer and pre college programs, including international student information
• In conjunction with the Director of Admissions and the Admissions Coordinator, plan and manage aspects of on- and off-campus admissions events
• Develop and implement on-campus event activities to support enrollment efforts as needed
• In conjunction with the Director of Admissions and other key departments, oversee major functions of Montserrat’s Summer Pre-College Program
• Develop and implement specialized programming to targeted audiences to support Montserrat’s overall enrollment goals (i.e. transfer student activities, special scholarship programs, etc.)
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
• Bachelor’s degree is required, degree in art or design-related field is desired.
• 5 years or more working in college admissions or a recruitment field.
• Strong commitment to visual arts and arts-based education.
• Excellent verbal and written skills are essential in this highly visible position.
• Must possess the ability to use a variety of interpersonal strategies to interact appropriately in situations ranging from large meetings to individual appointments both to internal and external audiences
• Comfortable with public speaking.
• Strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to quality teamwork.
• Self-motivated, works well on both group and individual projects.
• Comfortable traveling alone.
• Good sense of humor.
Office and Administrative Skills
• Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic computer literacy.
• Online social networking experience and Mac based programs
• Proven experience working with databases; email.
• Working knowledge of the following: CRMs; print, web content, or video for marketing and presentation software is desired.
• Basic knowledge of graphic design programs considered a plus
Complexity and Organization
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to problem solve and work effectively without direct supervision.
• Ability to work in an independent and proactive manner to meet goals and expectations.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Requires some lifting of heavy materials (30lb boxes).
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment
• Must possess a valid drivers license, clean driving record and reliable source of transportation.
• Must be able to work additional hours including weekends and evenings.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, email@example.com, with the subject line “Assistant Director of Admissions” Deadline: August 14, 2019. Please provide desired salary.