Title –Art Education Program Supervisor
Start Date – Fall Semester, 2019
Department – Art Education
Summary Statement: Montserrat College of Art seeks several (7-8) part-time Program Supervisors to mentor and support Teaching Candidates seeking their initial license in grades PK-8 and 5-12 Visual Arts Teaching during the fall 2019 semester. Program Supervisors will be responsible for collecting evidence for the CAP (Candidate Assessment of Performance) as required by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The applicant is expected to have knowledge of the CAP system and relevant teaching experience. Stipend $1,000 plus travel reimbursement.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Attend an initial 2.5-hour training at Montserrat College of Art.
- Attend the three scheduled Program Supervisor meetings during fall of 2019.
- Ongoing communication with the Teaching Candidate and the Supervising Practitioner to set up visits, calibrate evidence collection on the CAP website, and provide support and feedback.
- Continual mentoring of the Teaching Candidate.
- Collaboration with the Supervising Practitioner, Program Director, and CAP manager.
- Complete 5 visits to Teacher Candidate’s classroom:
- An initial visit to the classroom
- 4 in-classroom observations, or more if needed, for each assigned Teacher Candidates. These 4 observations will also include the Teacher Candidate’s Supervising Practitioner.
- Complete 3 three-way meetings with Teacher Candidate and the Supervising Practitioner, which include completion of the Formative and Summative Assessments.
- Additional duties as assigned if necessary.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
- MAT, MA, or MFA is required.
- K-12 teaching experience and/or previous Program Supervision experience is required. Higher education experience preferred.
- Experience with DESE CAP (Candidate Assessment of Performance) and the DESE CAP website.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential.
- Self-motivated, works well independently.
- Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer literacy.
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
- Must have a flexible schedule to allow for multiple visits to
- Must have access to a reliable
- Must posses a valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Must have access to a personal
Please forward a letter of interest, c.v., a list of three professional references: to the Human Resource department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Art Education”. To be assured of full consideration please apply by May 14, 2019.