Title – Adjunct Instructor, Foundation
Start Date- Fall Semester, 2019
Course: Studio 1.
- Studio 1 2D: Mondays /Wednesdays 8:30am-11:10pm
- Studio 1 2D: Tuesdays/Thursdays 12:30pm-3:10pm
- Studio 1 3D: Tuesdays/Thursdays 8:30am-11:10pm
- Studio 1 4D: Tuesdays/Thursdays 12:30pm-3:10pm
- Studio 1 4D: Mondays/Wednesdays 8:30am-11:10pm
A member of a 3 person team taught course with an emphasis on 2D, 3D or 4D design design principles. Faculty teach either 2D, 3D or 4D in 4.5 week modules.
Students are introduced to basic methods of visual organization and the elemental building blocks of visual composition; space, value, shape and line. The semester is framed around topics of Structure and its creation within 2D, 3D and 4D space. Methods and concepts are introduced through coordinated projects across all modules of Studio 1, with an aim at giving students basic experience working with a broad range of traditional, digital, and lens-based media. Design process, Abstraction as concept and basic facility with artistic media will be emphasized. Studio practice will be augmented with small research assignments, readings and discussions pertaining to current events in contemporary art as they relate to course content.
Studio 1 Course Objectives
- Introduction of methods of Composition and basic principles of Visual Organization.
- Understanding of the visual structure of 2D & surfaces and 3D forms in space and over time.
- Proficiency in using abstracted form with purposeful, formal intent across 2D, 3D, and 4D (time-based) media.
An M.F.A. in Fine Arts or related experience is required. At least three years higher education
teaching experience preferred. Generalist in Design and Fine Arts with experience in at least three media. Some digital experience is required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar).
Position takes place in an educational environment; manual dexterity to use computers is
The ability to lift heavy materials (30lbs).
The ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
Please forward a letter of interest, a current resume/cv to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line “Studio 1” Please also include images of personal work and images of student work, and a course outline that includes the core concepts and learning objectives of the course. Application deadline: July 11, 2019.