Position Title: Academic Affairs Coordinator
Reports to: Dean of Academic Affairs
Status: Full-time, Exempt, 37.5 hours per week.
Summary: The Academic Affairs Coordinator position serves as a key member of the Academic Affairs department, conducting major functions in support of the Dean, Associate Dean and Academic Affairs staff. This position requires a high level of customer service and attention to detail as it is often a first point of contact for faculty, staff and students.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Maintains and manages all administrative aspects of the Academic Affairs department;
- Provides administrative services and manages day to day administrative tasks for the office of the Academic Dean.
- Handles daily requests from faculty for materials and assistance;
- Organizes and schedules meetings and appointments,
- Acts as the clearing house for announcements and faculty professional activities;
- Assists in developing and maintaining budgets for the Dean’s office and all academic and administrative programs under the Dean’s purview;
- Manages all accreditation documents, correspondence, and activities from the annual reports to the larger Self Study reports prepared for NASAD and NEASC;
- Manages all assessment materials and processes including individual program reviews and course/faculty evaluations;
- Provides assistance with travel programs, processing applications, making all travel arrangements, developing budgets, counseling students and families, and coordinating the academic components with the Registrar and Bursar.
- Gathers and maintains dashboard statistics on faculty.
- Records and distributes minutes of various faculty meetings.
- Assists faculty applying for rank, sabbatical, faculty development funds, and reappointment and (with the Dean) ensure that the proper processes are followed for applications.
- Assists with events associated with the academic program such as Montserrat Student Showcase and faculty/student orientations;
- Coordinates Showcase and Graduation awards;
- Budgets, hires, and schedules works study students for the Academic Affairs office;
- Assists Associate Dean with course and grid/classroom planning;
- Plans and schedules the end-of-semester studio evaluation program;
- Plans and schedules events on Advising Day;
- Collects syllabi for all courses.
- Creates full and part time faculty contracts each semester.
- Collects and organizes end-of-term payroll information for faculty stipends.
- Collects, maintains, and updates Books and Material lists for each semester;
- Maintains and schedules classroom and conference room space as needed.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3-5 years of professional administrative experience is required.
- Must posses excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of internal and external constituents.
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- A record of exemplary personal and professional integrity; a motivator with high energy
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential in this highly visible position.
- Self-motivated, shows initiative and performs duties with little supervision.
- Exhibits a flexible, cooperative and hard working attitude.
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor is a must.
Office and Administrative Skills:
- Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic computer literacy.
- Database experience is a plus.
Complexity and Organization:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to work in an independent and proactive manner to meet goals and expectations.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift heavy materials (30lb boxes).
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Special Notations or Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to work additional hours including weekends, evenings and College events.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Academic Affairs Coordinator”. Resumes must be received by June 25, 2019.