Position Title: Academic Affairs Assistant
Reports to: Dean of Academic Affairs
Status: Part-time, temporary, non-exempt, 10 hours per week.
Summary : Acts as a support resource to the Academic Affairs department, supporting staff and faculty as needed. Assists with day to day clerical support and maintenance of the office.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
• Handle day to day requests from faculty for materials and assistance;
• Manage the calendar and the office of the Academic Dean, scheduling appointments
• Act as the clearing house for announcements and faculty professional activities;
• Assist with events associated with the academic program such as: Academic Convocation, faculty meetings and student activities.
• Collect syllabi for all courses.
• Collect, maintain, and update Books and Material lists for each semester;
• Maintain and schedule classroom and conference room space as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
• Must posses excellent customer service skills
• Ability to interact with a diverse population of internal and external constituents.
• Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, discretion, diplomacy and tact.
Office and Administrative Skills:
• Must have practical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic computer literacy.
Complexity and Organization:
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
• Ability to problem-solve.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, in addition to: Brian Pellinen, Dean of Academic Affairs, email@example.com, with the subject line “Academic Affairs Assistant”. Resumes must be received by August 14, 2019.