Montserrat values the safety and security of our community. Campus Security Officers are stationed at the front desk of the Hardie Building. They patrol the campus on foot respond to calls and offer walking escorts for community members 24/7. Criminal actions or other emergencies are to be reported to the Dean of Students and/or to the Campus Security Manager. Questions about car registration and parking, bike registration, and access to facilities can all be directed to the Dean of Students.
Campus Security works closely with the Beverly Police and Fire Departments to help maintain a safe environment for all students, faculty and staff. The headquarters for the BPD and BFD are within walking distance of campus.
See Something, Say Something
If you see or hear something that seems suspicious in any way or may be creating unsafe conditions, immediately call or text Campus Security at 978 – 626 – 2176.
In an emergency, always call 911 before contacting Campus Security.
- Always be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.
- Request a security escort at night instead of walking alone.
- Do not lend out your keys (including ID card) or leave your residence doors unlocked at any time.
- Never prop open your doors
- Do not leave laptops, cellphones or other valuables unattended.
- Engrave all your valuables and keep an inventory.
Campus Alert System
The college utilizes e2Campus, a system that allows for instant communication with members of the college community through text messaging, email and social media in the event of an emergency or school closing.