Artrageous!36 | call for art
Each year, Artrageous – Montserrat’s annual fundraising art auction – offers artists a chance to showcase their work to hundreds of art collectors, patrons and friends of the College who attend the event. This event is also a hugely important part of our efforts to provide much needed scholarship support to our students. Submit your work, support student scholarship, and be a part of the awesomeness that is Artrageous!
Artrageous!36 will be held on June 17, 2022. We hope you will choose to submit your work for consideration. All artists are welcome to submit work. You do not have to be affiliated with the college to participate. We accept works of all shapes, sizes, media, and price points. If you have questions about what to submit, please let us know and we will be happy to speak with you.
Each artist may submit up to 2 pieces for consideration.
- Digital submissions will be accepted online through March 7, 2022. Montserrat College of Art only accepts digital submissions for consideration.
- All artists will be notified in early April if their work was chosen to be displayed in the auction on June 17, 2022 at Brookwood School. If your work is selected, we will provide you with instructions of when and where to drop off work. Drop off dates will occur May 6 – May 7, 2022.
- All works must be exhibition ready, meaning ready to hang or display. Ready to hang paintings, framed works on paper, and sculptures are acceptable. Framed artwork is preferred; framing will not be provided by the College. Please note that we recently instituted a new display system, and all hung artworks must have either a wire hanger on the back or large D-rings. If you have questions regarding the presentation of your work, please contact Lynne Cooney at Lynne.Cooney@montserrat.edu.
- In an effort to increase the number of works that sell for over market value, only a certain number of works will be accepted. Please submit your best works for consideration. If you have questions about what to submit, or any other inquiries regarding the auction please contact Allison Rieke at Allison.Rieke@montserrat.edu.
- We encourage participating artists to consider donating 100% of the proceeds of the sale of their work to Montserrat. All artists whose work is accepted and who donate 100% of the sale of their work will receive one free ticket to the Auction on June 17th (a $250 value). For those that wish to receive a percentage of the sale of their artwork, a commission of 40% of the final sale price will be offered on ANY work selected into the LIVE OR SILENT Auction. Artists receiving a commission on the sale of their work may purchase one discounted ticket for themselves. Bidding will start at 60% of the retail value of the work, and bidding will go up in $100 increments.