Transfer students play an important role in the Montserrat community. Students who have attended another college or university will not only have advanced standing in their classroom work, but will also contribute new ideas and experiences, and often act as leaders in our community.
Transfer applicants should submit all of the same application materials as first-time students as well as official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
Montserrat accepts studio and liberal arts transfer credits that are applicable to our own program of study. Only courses carrying a grade of C or higher from an accredited college or university are eligible for transfer. A maximum of 30 studio art credits and 30 liberal arts credits earned may be transferred. Montserrat reserves the right to decline credit for coursework that is more than ten years old. Please reach out to the Admissions Office at email@example.com if you would like a preliminary transfer credit evaluation.
Montserrat College of Art has established articulation agreements with Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, NY, Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, MA, Quinebaug Valley Community College in Danielson, CT and Niigata College of Art and Design in Niigata City, Japan. Students who attend either Hudson Valley, N.E.C.C. or Niigata and take a prescribed course of study may be able to transfer up to 60 credits of parallel studio and liberal art credits in what is known as a 2 + 2 policy agreement. Students participating in a 2 + 2 program may be considered for entry into junior (300) level courses to complete the requirements for the Montserrat B.F.A. or Diploma program in 2 years.
In addition to the colleges listed above, many of our students transfer to Montserrat from area colleges such as:
- Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA
- Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield, MA
- Bucks County Community College, Newtown, PA
- Cape Cod Community College, West Barnstable, MA
- Community College of Rhode Island, Warwick, RI
- Greenfield Community College, Greenfield, MA
- Holyoke Community College, Holyoke, MA
- Massasoit Community College, Canton, MA
- Middlesex Community College, Lowell, MA
- Mount Wachusett Community College, Gardner, MA
- North Shore Community College, Lynn, MA
- Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT
If you have any questions about transferring to Montserrat, please contact the Admissions Office.