In an effort to ensure that students have the support they need, the college has launched YouMatter@Montserrat to provide free access to mental health resources.
Through YouMatter@Montserrat, students have access to the following:
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line for in-the-moment support for Montserrat students from counselors and linkages to next steps, regardless of time of day or location: 833-434-1217
- Free telehealth or off campus face to face counseling sessions. These are available to students regardless of their location and no insurance is necessary.
- One-on-one personal assistance for students to help navigate any challenges they may face in reaching mental health support. This includes assistance with accessing mental health providers, specialty providers, housing and food supports or other services that support academic success.
- “The Wellness Hub” which includes articles and videos on mental health and wellness topics including: Mental and Emotional Health, Fitness and Nutrition, Academic Performance, Stress Management, Healthy Relationships and more–To access the Wellness Hub click here or download the CampusWell app and search for Montserrat College of Art.
- Meditation and Mindfulness App – Students now have access to a Headspace subscription for free. It helps students build coping and resiliency skills and offers more than 1,000 hours of mindfulness and mental well-being content. To download the go to https://work.headspace.com/montserrat/member-enroll
The uniquely challenging nature of the past year and a half has forced our community to deal with immensely complex and stressful circumstances. If anyone in the community becomes aware of a student who needs support, know that these services are here for them at any time, whether they are on or off campus.
Below, watch an introductory video explaining YouMatter@Montserrat featuring a broad collection of the college’s staff and faculty: